Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Magnet: over/underrated songs by The Who


I love it when the mag does my favourite bands. I end up liking most of the "overrated" songs anyways, though. I'm the kind of person who, if I like a band, I like their entire discography, plus b-sides and stuff. I'm a full-album person, too, if you haven't picked up on that.

according to Magnet, though, here's the list

most overrated:
1. My Generation (haha whatever I love this song)
2. Squeeze Box
3. Who Are You?
4. Behind Blue Eyes
5. Tommy

most underrated:
1. The Who By Numbers
2. Early Morning Cold Taxi
3. Just You and Me, Darling
4. A Legal Matter
5. Let's See Action

read the explanations HERE

I love that line in Almost Famous (the movie that got me to listen to the band for the first time)...when Jeff says "I don't think anyone can really explain rock 'n' roll. Maybe Pete Townshend, but that's okay". The Who were just a cut above the rest.

what do you think?

2 comments:

Katie said...

yeah, I like the overrated ones anyway. my generation is a badass song, I don't care how many times they plat it

Double Hawk said...

Except for Squeeze Box, the overrated ones are great, and A Legal Matter is a really great song, and instead of Early Morning Cold Taxi they should've put The Who Sell Out.