Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Strokes Post #196

this is so freaking cool:



last week, I watched Bread & Tulips, a lovely Italian film which incorporates an accordion via the main character's midlife crisis. it got me really pumped to search for accordion-based music beyond my collection of Beirut, but I kind of forgot to follow through. it also made me wish I liked Gogol Bordello, because I love gypsy music, but just can't get into that band. then again, I only tried listening to Gypsy Punks; does anyone have any suggestions of where I should start with that band?

but yeah, anyway, I came across this video yesterday and it made me so happy.

4 comments:

Katie said...

this is SO COOL

kiko said...

Yeah I tried getting into Gogol Bordello just this past week because this cool lady at my school likes them but I just could not bring myself to like them. I don't know what it is about them that my ears don't like. You probibly have to actually be a gypsy to "get" them...

parfait amour said...

Glad you like Beirut too :)

Hanan said...

are you kidding me? "like"?!
Zach Condon can have my babies any day of the week. I worship that man almost as much as I worship Jules et al.