Friday, September 11, 2009

MCMXLV - Los Alamos NM 1945


I was cleaning my room today and found a CD sampler from almost two years ago, when I went to an Elliott Smith photo exhibit and met Autumn De Wilde. she was really nice, we talked about Elliott for a bit and she signed my copy of her book, one of the only things that I am really quite attached to. speaking of, it comes with a great bootleg cd, I'll upload that soon.

but anyhow, the photo exhibit was part of SF's annual Noise Pop Music/Art/Film festival, and some promoters were handing out samplers for Studio Paradiso. I never got around to listening to it until today. I really liked the second track, it's from a SF band called MCMXLV. the song is like a great meeting point between "My Hero" by Foo Fighters and Fugazi's general post-punk excellence.

MCMXLV - Los Alamos NM 1945 [mp3]

according to their MYSPACE page, they released an EP in April of 2008. there isn't much other information to be found, though, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for this band.

No comments: