Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Strokes Post #195


I haven't posted any bootlegs in ages. this one's particularly tasty, from 2003. Room on Fire bootlegs are relatively sparse, so please enjoy the heavy dosage of the Strokes' second album a la a live Halloween (!) set:

The Strokes - Live at Tsongas Arena (Massachusetts), 31st October 2003

[ZIP FILE, entire concert]


1. Whatever Happened [mp3]
2. Alone Together [mp3]
3. Under Control [mp3]
4. Hard to Explain [mp3]
5. Between Love and Hate [mp3]
6. Reptilia [mp3]
7. Someday [mp3]
8. The End has no End [mp3]
9. The Modern Age [mp3]
10. 12:51 [mp3]
11. New York City Cops [mp3]
12. Soma [mp3]
13. Last Nite [mp3]
14. Automatic Stop [mp3]
15. I Can't Win [mp3]
16. Take It or Leave It [mp3]

As always, NYC Cops is incredibly loud. I lovelovelove it.

Jules says "we don't do encores". hm, I wonder if they started doing encores on the First Impressions tour, I'm positive I have some concerts where they come out for an encore. I love that they almost always end sets with Take It Or Leave It.

PS "Between Love and Hate" is my heroin.

PPS Kings of Leon opened this concert. this must have been an epic night of music. too bad you can never find bootlegs of opening bands' sets (they're usually too short for anybody to bother recording).

6 comments:

Allie said...

yay bootlegs!i listen/dance to between love and hate to get myself pumped for exams, cuz of the line "worrying bout the finals..."

Eric said...

Yeah, they definitely did encores for the last concerts.

I kind of wish they wouldn't because encores are a bunch of shit usually because bands plan the setlists for them (The Strokes usually had Take it or Leave It, Is This It and NYC Cops/Heart in a Cage in the encore setlist).

Connor Green said...

Cheers :) Needed a new bootleg to feed the habit.

kiko said...

It has been awhile. Thanks a billion for this!

klein said...

AMAZING sound quality! Thank you - such a treat. I especially loved Under Control, Jules' voice sounds so ... clean?

PS - How I so wish that Fab actually HAD paid him $50 to dress as Abraham Lincoln :D

Hanan said...

haha I was thinking the same thing! can you imagine what priceless desktop art that would make? plus, Jules is tall...