Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE

Ben Kweller ft Albert Hammond Jr - Wait (The Beatles cover) [mp3]

Conor Oberst - Corrina, Corina (Bob Dylan cover) [mp3]

The National - Ashamed of the Story I Told (Polaris cover) [mp3]

The Morning Benders - Temptation Inside Your Heart (Velvet Underground cover) [mp3]
this band is the best thing to come out of Berkeley since the A-bomb...or the Clif bar

Ryan Adams - Last Nite (The Strokes cover) [mp3]
the only thing that makes me love Ryan Adams more are his covers of The Strokes (mostly from live shows). I remember reading once that he wanted to do a cover album for Is This It. that would have been epic.

Death Cab for Cutie - Bad Reputation (Freedy Johnson cover) [mp3]

The Kooks - Kids (MGMT cover) [mp3]

Calexico - Guns of Brixton (The Clash cover) [mp3]

Elliott Smith - Chelsea Girls (Nico cover) [mp3]

BONUS:


excellent.

BONUS x2:

The Dead Weather - Forever My Queen (Pentagram cover) [mp3]

I forgot to put this one in the zip, sorry!

BONUS x3:

I like this one better than Vampire Weekend's interpretation...damn, I haven't listened to Fleetwood Mac in forever and a day...

3 comments:

Eric said...

Clif bars are the best thing ever.

Allie said...

I love covers, especially if they are done well.

Hanan said...

Eric, my last month or so in school, I never had any time to eat anything, so I subsisted on clif bars and cigarettes and caffeine. they are indeed the best thing ever.

covers are great, do you have a favourite, Allie?