Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Static Jacks: new EP + free song!


The Static Jacks, a band from New Jersey that I absolutely adore, are back with a brand new EP, called Laces. it'll be released in two weeks, on September 15th, but you can download a song from it called "My Parents Lied" on their fancy shmansy newly designed WEBSITE. also, if you preorder the EP, you can get a digital copy "immediately". sounds like a good deal to me.

if you download the new single directly from the website, it comes with a lyric sheet (PDF) and the album art for the new EP, but you can be lazy and download below:

The Static Jacks - My Parents Lied (new song!) [mp3]
the song is a lot more subdued than their earlier work, it's like Joy Division meets loads of great percussion (including claps!) I like it a lot, it seems like these guys are being brave enough to explore lots of new musical territory at an early age, which is always a good sign.

visit The Static Jacks on MYSPACE for info on gigs. the band is currently playing a handful of NYC-proximal shows, check em out if you can!

BONUS:
The Static Jacks - The Waltz [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
I know I've posted it before, but I just can't help myself, I love this song and want to share it with as many people as humanly possible.. I listen to it over and over again sometimes, it's just so...right.

No comments: