Friday, September 4, 2009

The Strokes Post #194


I dream in chapters. little vignettes, and I almost always remember them. the downside is that I wake up a lot while I sleep (this happens when one "chapter" ends).

I don't have many dreams about The Strokes. I think my conscious is too engulfed in them; there's nothing left for my subconscious. I have had a couple of sex dreams with Albert though.

this morning, between 4:30 and 6AM, I dreamt that I was at some sort of music convention and spotted Nikolai, everybody was fawning over some retarded hipster band and nobody recognized my favourite bass player ever, I yelled out "Nikolai!" and he looked all surprised that I knew who he was, and we started talking (I began by telling him about that hilarious bit of fan fiction that cracks me up every time)...but anyway, I woke up right after he held my forearm and said "whoa, you're super muscular", which is weird because a. my forearms are skinny and b. even in my weight room days, I never got super buff or anything

but the whole ordeal was strangely arousing and I woke up with "Brandy of the Damned" in my head. needless to say, I didn't go back to sleep.

Nickel Eye - Brandy of the Damned [mp3]


Nikolai and Caleb are my favourite proper names ever and bass guitar is my favourite instrument.

PS Jules' solo album is set for a release on 20 October. le sigh.

5 comments:

kiko said...

That is such a crazy dream. I wish I could dream about The Strokes. Great Post!

SG said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYlZTtCu4cI&feature=related

Check out this video of NYC Cops, so much passion, and the audio is incredible.

Allie said...

haha i admire the honesty. your dreams sound like hotness. save for one where the strokes and I rode a yellow submarine to a top secret spy island with magical marijuana growing on it, all my strokes dreams consists of my chances of meeting (or making out) with them being ruined by ghosts, dinosaurs, murderers, etc

Tara said...

Aha, I love that piece of fan fiction, it never fails to put me in a good mood :)

I had a dream about Fab the other night in which he was my boyfriend. I won't go into more detail here; let's just say I was very upset to wake up to reality. Before the dream I'd never thought of Fab like that though, was very bizarre.

Hanan said...

haha you guys are awesome

thanks for the link, SG! that was radradrad.