Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Strokes Post #191


I love SPIN magazine. it's the only publication which I read religiously, and 97% of the time, I agree with its reviews and appreciate the artists which it features. I absolutely love that they did that five cover feature of The Strokes six years ago (see above photo).

but anyhow, they have a really great article about Jules' debut in Japan, and the writing makes me feel like I was there. music journalism at its best I tell you.

read the article HERE.

in other news, a new video has surfaced on youtube, behold:



many thanks to Denise for the link!

6 comments:

Joshy said...

You probably haven't seen this because it isn't tagged:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBYLRS-BT-g&feature=channel_page

It's the best video of a song yet (Ludlow St.)

Katie said...

Thanks for that

And thanks for the article link, Hanan

Anonymous said...

Aww man. I was so excited when I found a US carrier and got a copy of the recent NME with Jules on the cover, but now I feel as if I can't live without each and every one of those Spin covers. I never knew they existed...I had only seen the one with Jules before.

Hanan said...

whoa, thanks Joshy!
Mary Shea, I have a sad story associated to those mags, but I shant divulge. they make great wall art, alongside the rest of my "Strokes wall". I'd show you, but you might be frightened.

ALLIE said...

i demand a view of your strokes wall.

Hanan said...

haha alright.