Monday, February 1, 2010

The Strokes Post #344

two updates in two days! I went to The Strokes website to transcribe the news I read yesterday, and there was a new update!

from today, they named their producer:

"As you may have inferred from the ‘recording’ sign on the home page, the Strokes are busy recording the long awaited follow-up to ‘First Impressions of Earth’.
This marks their fourth studio LP, working with grammy award winning producer Joe Chiccarelli, and grammy award winning engineer Gus Oberg at NYC’s Avatar Studios.
Stay tuned, aswe’ll post some video vignettes from the studio here shortly."


from yesterday:
"Headlining the mainstage on Saturday 12th of June are New York Citys [sic] finest The Strokes. Having just picked up the ‘NME album of the Decade Aware’ for their 2001 debut album ‘Is This It’ along with an army of fans worldwide the band are poised for an explosive return."

today is a good day. I burnt a ten year old kid at my school RoF last week and she told me she's been listening to it every day since then. her current favourite is "Automatic Stop". all I can say is, I am doing my part (and then some!) to corrupt the young minds of America... and add onto the already massive Strokes army ; )

also, today I realized that my kids have spring break the week of Coachella, so I don't have to take off work! I was gonna go anyways, but this just makes me extra happy.

5 comments:

Eric said...

Chiccarelli has a pretty good background. The White Stripes, Frank Zappa, The Shins and My Morning Jacket.

Unknown said...

haha i feel like its all i ever say, but ill say it again.
you're freaking awesome hanan.

Anonymous said...

yeaah can't wait, i'm freaking out!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I dunno about in your area, but parents of kids these days are psycho around here. You know, the whole over-protectiveness and "my kid is entitled to" blah blah blah...I'm impressed.

Oh and also SO SO SO pumped for these "video vignettes"!

Hanan said...

hahaha I made the kid promise she wouldn't let her parents in on my "tutoring". she's so chill. I walked in on her and her friend writing out the lyrics to 12:51 today XD
SHE'S SPREADING STROKES LOVE ALREADY!