Tuesday, February 2, 2010

cheers to good tidings and loyal readers

I was looking for a band sticker in my miscellaneous music things box right now, and I randomly came across a print out of THIS BLOG POST. I think it's the only time I've ever printed one.

I printed out this post because one of readers left a comment that really made my day. the comment was from, get this, EXACTLY A YEAR AGO (I love happy coincidences). this comment preceded my Strokes posts and when my blog had really picked up a following. anyhow, this is a shout out to Matteo, because you fucking made my day.

as most of you know, I don't have a very good relationship with my family. music has always been my one and only home, and you guys are like my sorta creepy second cousins whom I fondle awkwardly in a drunk stupor at xmas. so thanks to everyone who reads this site, especially as MIE's second birthday is steadily approaching. any time I hear anything really spectacular, the first thing that I think about is posting about it, so I appreciate that you guys take the time to read it

Chris McCandless summed up how I feel about music pretty well: "happiness is only real when shared"

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - A Teenager in Love [mp3]

I'm posting this mostly because I am listening to it right now but partly because I love how he sings "a teenager in love with christ and heroin". so.good.

10 comments:

Murphey said...

I would gladly let you drunkenly fondle me at an xmas party, that's just how cool you are.

theneedledrop said...

Was a too drunk to notice the fondling?

Mrs Jones said...

But you know that you have many loyal (and silent) readers, don't you?

I'm one of them.
(Not so silent today)

xxx

Anonymous said...

It's always a pleasure being fondled awkwardly in a drunk stupor at xmas. Especially by you :) Matteo is definitely right: MY FAVE MUSIC BLOG!!!

2plus2isjoe said...

Here's something that may or may not make your day again:

http://www.nme.com/news/the-strokes/49559

nateraabe said...

My vote for best music blog!

Olivia said...

aaaaagreed.. you are my favorite music blog by a landslide.

_Jackie_ said...

I love your blog Hanan. It's always refreshing to come across someone who has awesome taste in music =-)

Unknown said...

I agree. Brilliant blog, I read every post.

Also, this song is fantastic. As a teenager in love, it's the only song that seems like it's talking to me.

Tara said...

Really belated, but I am catching up on the MIE I've missed out on of late. It's probably not necessary to put into words as I should think it's obvious, but I love this blog.