Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pavement - Cut Your Hair


Pavement sound like my childhood, even though I only started listening to them last year. Stephen Malkmus is just the perfect epitome of the 90's.



I really fucking love this band. lately, when I don't know what to listen to, I put them on. and I am never ever disappointed. they are so no-nonsense. their music offers so much longevity, it's so reliably good. I am so stoked to see them at Coachella, and they're playing the Greek at Berkeley in the summer, too!

a word to the wise: if you don't already know this band, get yourself acquainted... and quick. them and the Pixies, man, have got to be my favourite bands from the 90's. sorry, Nirvana. sorry, Sonic Youth. sorry, Smashing Pumpkins. sorry, 98 degrees.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

gold soundz

C.H. said...

ha this post makes me feel old! Great choices ...Don't forget about My Bloody Valentine -- they are my favorite 90's band.

iamroguerthanyou said...

Ill say it slowly. This. band. rocks.

Steve Jones of Jonesy's Jukebox hosts Jonah Hill and the Duplass Brothers to discuss their upcoming film “Cyrus”. John C. Reilly plays John, a lonely divorcĂ© who meets Molly, the woman of his dreams. It seems there is only room for one man in Molly’s life and her son, Cyrus, played by Jonah Hill, is not going to give up the top spot without a fight. John and Cyrus have met their match in this comical struggle for power written and directed by Jay and Mark Duplass. May the best man win! Check out this, and many more of Jonesy’s Jukebox full length interviews with Bob Saget, Wilmer Valderrama, Billy Corgan, Zeina Durra, Michael Chiklis to name a few at IAMROGUE.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about how involved with technology our daily lives have become. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets less expensive, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i[/url] DS NetServ)

Blair said...

Pavement!! Only 70 more days!! I knew Julian being at Coachella would be enough to get you there!!

We must exchange numbers before the big weekend!!!!