Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chuck Klosterman on Pavement


colour me ecstatic: my favourite music writer just wrote a piece for GQ on PAVEMENT. fuck yes.

"It's not like some Radiohead record, where the whole thing is good. Our records aren't good in that way. Our records are more attitude and style, sort of in a punk way. We're good in the same way the Strokes are good."
oh yes you are, Mr Malkmus. quite worthy of obsessive listening rampages and tattoos, methinks

cheers to Eric at the Ripcord for bringing this article to my attention

Pavement - Major Leagues [mp3]

PS G-D DAMN YOU CALEB, YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME TELLING ME THAT THEIR SHOW AT THE GREEK WAS SOLD OUT, I JUST CHECKED AND TIX ARE AVAILABLE! so I'll see you there babe.

2 comments:

hippiesaredead said...

I like Klosterman, but he always seems so self-satisfied. Good? Yes. Favorite? No.

nateraabe said...

Just got my tickets for the St. Paul show in September.
Now we play the waiting game...