Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ah, bootlegs


I'm listening to Ryan Adams right now and I just realized,

I have 528 Ryan Adams songs on my iTunes

that's more than either The Strokes (257) or The Beatles (311)

mainly because Ryan Adams is so cool about bootlegging and his live shows are so spectacular.

if The Beatles > Jesus, and Ryan Adams is (QUANTITATIVELY) > The Beatles, then, it must logically follow,

Ryan Adams >> Jesus.
(hey, look, my high school geometry finally came in handy!)

see above picture for further elaboration.


Ryan Adams - Last Nite (The Strokes cover) [mp3]


another contender for high number of songs is Elliott Smith at 453.

sadly, I somehow only have 111 David Bowie mp3s. I have a lot of his work on vinyl, but 111 is just sad.

grand total song count on iTunes is 14,679, but it gets bigger every day. I delete the stuff I don't like, so I don't get any unpleasant surprises when I put my music on shuffle. there are 148 individual songs and about 10 albums on my desktop that I have yet to load into iTunes and listen to...

5 comments:

Murphey said...

Actually, I think Jesus has more bootlegs than any other artist ever. Just look around at the churches.

_Jackie_ said...

Wow. My highest is 755 for The Beatles because of all their cool Anthology albums and Christmas albums...god they're great!

Then it's Muse. But you have more Strokes than me! HOW?! =-P

Hanan said...

haha, Murphey, we're talking about HANAN'S WORLD HERE.
I stick with my contention that Ryan > Jesus

and Jackie, behold, the greatest url ever to grace the internet:

http://shesfixingherhair.co.uk/multimedia.html

everything on there is ace. I've listened to everything over and over and over, my favourite is probably the BoA Pavilion show. it's incredible.

Murphey said...

So where does that leave The Strokes in HANAN'S WORLD?

Hanan said...

The Strokes are G-d, obviously. Ryan always talks about how much he loves them, especially Is This It. he's covered their songs a bunch of times