Thursday, March 26, 2009

more records, courtesy of AMOEBA SF

Bad sex.
It’s inevitable. Everyone’s had bad sex. Usually, alcohol is to blame.

My trip to Amoeba SF yesterday was like really, really good sex. I could barely breathe the whole time, and I do believe I had a few orgasms.

But, in all seriousness, the store is majestic. I only bought a handful of things (130 dollars worth…arg they didn’t give me my usual student discount, Berkeley Amoeba gives 10 percent off to students!) but I get paid in two weeks and am definitely going back for more.

Here’s what I bought:















I was SO excited when I found The Virgins' EP. I've been looking for it for AGES. I've been listening to it all day at work, it's amazing. so raw. it's to the s/t debut what The Modern Age EP was to Is This It, better, nastier, grungier. I'll post songs when I get home.

and I found the Muslims' s/t! they had a bunch in stock, if anyone is interested, I can pick you up a copy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when can i come over and sit around and listen to all your records? you need not be at home either
-Casey

Murphey said...

You are going to LOVE Presence, it's one of my top 10 albums of all time, and it's even better on vinyl.

Hanan said...

um, that isn't possible because
a. I have hundreds at this point
b. a bunch of 'em are in SC, I think I only have about 150 with me
c. well no that's it, there aren't any more reasons.

I've been listening to them as I transcribe this 300 pg banned text that I had to hunt down from library of congress. needless to say, my typing skills have gotten better

but, yeah, when your whoreness wants to chill, let me know

Hanan said...

Murphey, I'm gonna listen to it tonight =)

_Jackie_ said...

Seeing it just made me realize that your email wasn't a dream =-D

And I can't believe you found Roses Kings Castles on vinyl. I didn't even think he was signed to a U.S. label.

Hanan said...

I KNEW you'd pick up on what a great find the RKC was! I listened to them over the summer, and really liked them! I reckoned I wouldn't come across another copy, ever, because it's like a super obscure record of the offshoot of a Libertines offshoot! and on VINYL nonetheless.

alas, ocular proof, how it damned Othello, but how it's had the opposite effect on you
=)