Monday, March 23, 2009

The Strokes Post #32

"I really don't worry about where we fit in the business. I think we're somewhere in the middle-somewhere between hardcore and the cheesy, commercial, melodic stuff. And that's somewhere I want to be. I think all the really good artists were like halfway between commercial and intellectual. But you know, I really don't like talkin' about this stuff, I'd really rather sit down with you and have a beer."
-Julian Casablancas

I just came across this photo yesterday, and it made me grin:



they look oh-so-Hives, but they can never part with their sneakers. love it.

10 comments:

_Jackie_ said...

Hahaha. Oh Albert how I love thee.

Hanan said...

he's so cute. did you ever see that mini-interview on Conan? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3D2N_bAz7s&feature=related
"I'm scared" hahahaha

_Jackie_ said...

=-O

Beautiful AND talented! Just the way I like my musicians!

I can't tell you how much I love that Albert.

Hanan said...

haha I love him too.
all of them,
they're all gorg and super talented.

(I'm assuming that's why you have an affinity for Pete Doherty, Alex Turner and Miles Kane)
; )

_Jackie_ said...

AND Carl Barat! And all of Muse, Thom Yorke, Beck, Gary Lightbody, THE BEATLES, ahh this list could go on forever!

Hanan said...

oh gosh how could I forget Carl?!
MGMT,
Vampire Weekend,
ANDREW FUCKING BIRD.
the Kings of Leon. oh, I'd do unholy things to them.
seriously, this list goes on and on

Hanan said...

PS The Clash.
I just couldn't help myself. =)

_Jackie_ said...

Hahaha doesn't it?! I don't think that list could ever end. The rest of The Rascals are pretty great too.

Ahh what would we do without our boys and their music?!

Hanan said...

blasphemer! how dare you suggest such an atrocious half-life?!

I'd much rather go without food, or oxygen for that matter

_Jackie_ said...

Hahaha me too! I gave up on buying coffee from Starbucks-type places because everytime I want something, I remind myself that I could by a used cd/vinyl from Amoeba instead. I could enjoy that music for the rest of my life instead of buying something that I'll forget about a few hours later.