Thursday, March 26, 2009

THE RAKES TO PLAY THE POPSCENE NEXT THURSDAY!


aiaiaiaiaiaiaiiaiaiaiaiaiaiiaiaia!!!!

I was listening to "we danced together" on repeat at work today. I even freaking posted about it. then, I was singing it on my way home from the BART tonight. I must have looked like a crazy person, singing really loudly with a REALLY bad British accent all the way home.

then I click onto NME, just to make sure no news slipped by me

I click on the following headline (The Rakes announce handful of US dates), not believing I was going to be lucky enough, because my luck is shite,

and, then,

Los Angeles, CA Troubadour (April 1)
San Francisco, CA Popscene (2)
New York, NY Bowery Ballroom (6)
Brooklyn, NY Bell House (7)

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was JUST telling a coworker today (er, more like 12 hours ago...) how much I love Brit pop. it FEEDS MY SOUL.

No comments: