Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Christmas Mix

some old favourites and some newer ones that will surely turn into classics (in my book at least)

ZIP FILE


Crocodiles & Dum Dum Girls - Merry Christmas, Baby (Please Don't Die) [mp3]
Crocodiles put out an insanely good record this year. so good, in fact, that it got stuck in summer trips to the beach and didn't make it to any end of the year lists (its place was usurped by Girls' Album). check it out, though, it's called Summer of Hate and is consistently awesome, lo-fi neo-punk grimey goodness.

Goldfinger - White Christmas [mp3]

Death Cab for Cutie - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) [mp3]


Black Lips - Christmas in Baghdad [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

blink-182 - I Won't Be Home for Christmas [mp3]

Julian Casablancas - I Wish It Was Christmas Today [mp3]

The Drifters - I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas [mp3]
(le sigh)

Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree [mp3]

The Who - Christmas [mp3]

and, three versions of my favourite Christmas song ever:

Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting - Baby, It's Cold Outside [mp3]

Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel- Baby, It's Cold Outside [mp3]


Ray Charles & Betty Carter- Baby, It's Cold Outside [mp3]

I have a bit of an obsession with winter, snow, and Christmas music. this is what it looks like outside of my place right now



(and I stepped outside barefoot, in the shorts and tank which I slept in)
we got, like, a week and a half of cold weather. DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF?

8 comments:

Eric said...

Not to call you out or anything, but I have to drive to a high school 45 mins away in an ice storm tonight. I'll take shorts and a tank weather anytime during the next three months. I'm envious of California.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for the music and God Jul :)

Hanan said...

when you have the same clear skies and 65 degree weather for 87% of the year, it gets monotonous. I want proper seasons. I want snow. I love the cold. I love storms. I NEED TO MOVE OUT EAST. I'm sick of this damn sun.

2plus2isjoe said...

We have the same favourite Christmas song :) Good call!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I dunno what I'd do without seasons. It gives me something to look forward to...as pathetic as that sounds. And I can't imagine an Christmas that's not winter-y.

But I do think if I were in California with that kind of weather I'd be happier and more motivated. Weather alters my mood so much. 65 degrees is ideal!

Anonymous said...

a* dang. it's even worse that I can't just leave it. It would bother me all night.

allie!! said...

winter is a fucking relief. 50-70 degrees (my winter) is a nice change from 100 (my spring/summer/fall) jesus christ dude good luck in the snow!

Eric said...

"clear skies and 65 degree weather for 87% of the year, it gets monotonous" Bring on monotony, please.

A lot of this conversation probably has to do with where you grow up. I think that if I would move out to California now, having gone through walking to school in five-degree temps and having to deal with people goin 20 in 50 mph zones b/c of the snow, etc. I'd be happy.

@allie - yeah, texas weather (specifically Houston) seems like the absolute worst. that's one place where i have no desire to move.