Friday, December 25, 2009

The Strokes Post #306

my first semester as an English major, I was obsessed with this poet named Gascoigne, and wrote about him instead of Spenser for my class on Spencer's Faerie Queene. I tend to do things like that...I don't hold well to restraints. plus, I really despise Spenser. anyhow, one of Gascoigne's best pieces was a satirical essay called A Delicate Diet for Dainty Mouthed Drunkards, which ostensibly is an anti-drinking piece, but in essence pokes fun at what it's supposedly supporting. he so wisely stated that one should drink "no more than is convenient", something that can be stretched as you see fit
















t

in any case, I love drunkards. Happy Holidays, everyone.

2 comments:

Double Hawk said...

Ah! I love the one with Alex Turner and Julian!

Anonymous said...

<3