Friday, December 25, 2009

Classic Track Thursday


Lou Reed - Satellite of Love [mp3]

from Transformer

you know, I have all of these fantasies of moving out to NYC and being a music writer, and whenever I think about it, the soundtrack which pops in my head is primarily composed of Lou Reed singing. his songs always embody New York for me, very powerfully. I think it has to do with the mixture of drugs, smooth flowing rock n roll swagger and the sheer dancibility of it all.

his album Transformer is a keeper. it's his second solo album, and was released in 1972. it also contains "Walk on the Wild Side", a song Strokes fans might know because our boys love to cover it. the album was produced by David Bowie, and marks Reed's solid transition into the dark side of glaaaaaaam. gotta love it. seriously, the Reed/Bowie friendship is one of my all time favourite rock n roll relationships.

PS I really want this bloody shirt.

No comments: