Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Strokes Post #307

album of the decade. the most timeless, perfect album of all time. the one that makes me feel at home, anywhere. when I'm alone, or with friends, sad, or happy, or tired, or energized, or running, or writing, or on the train, or on my lunch hour, or really fucked up, or lying on my floor with my record player on. the damn album that started it all. that made music matter. to me. the one that alienated me as the crazy music blogger who obsesses over The Strokes. well fuck you if you don't get it. because Is This It is my fucking soulmate.

12 songs. 6 days. you do the math.





in the sun sun having fun it's in my blood.
I just can't help it.

I love the US and UK versions equally. I listened to the US one maybe 2349 times before I found out about NYC Cops. now, I usually listen to the UK version, but they're both equal in my book. plus, the US one has the album art that will end up on my left arm. once I save up a little money. it's gonna be the most bitchin tattoo in all of North Dakota.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

hey my name!

Hanan said...

well thanks now you've ruined my spontaneous randomness.
Dakota is a cool name though so it's not your fault

Anaam said...

you're absolutely right about the album art...you are refering to the smooth hip with a gloved hand on it right...and yes is this it will definitely be my bestfriend ...so fucking briliant...

Hanan said...

nope I want the American art work. the big bang yellow and blue explosion thing. it's so rad, it'll be a great tattoo

Unknown said...

haha sorry and thanks.
and i totally second the US art making a cool tattoo, still every time i look at it i stare, its always reminded me of the cheapjack fireworks you see when you rub your eyes too hard, or the cover of a calculus book. all this speak of is this it reminds me just how influential those videos on the dvd were on my definition of cool.

ps. which also reminds me, totally loved the strokes booze post; i actually read it while enjoying my first legal 21 and over christmas.

Hanan said...

is your birthday on xmas? wait, did we discuss this? 'cause I've met a couple of people who have Dec 24 and 25 birthdays and now that you mention it, I think you are one of them
I'm counting the days till my birthday. 225.

Allie the summer of gen physics I & 2 dragon said...

the US album artwork is a colored picture of particle collisions...just clarifying so we can all sound more impressive when telling people about the album artwork

Unknown said...

not i, im an april 16th baby.
haha thanks allie, knowing its particle collisions only makes it cooler; why would the cover be anything besides a photo of technology intended to show us the intricacies of the big bang or help us find the god particle, perfect.

Unknown said...

and if it does become a tattoo, where might it end up?

allie the science dragon said...

yeaaahp im pretty much the go-to science babe. and hanan, its ella whos bday is the 24th

Anaam said...

it looks like popart view through a microscope...thats good too but i like the smooth hip..there is so much contrast in it the hand is gloved and resting on a naked butt..wow

Hanan said...

Anaam, yeah I love the naked butt one too but I don't think it'd make a good tattoo. it'd look very kitsch-y.

Dakota, I want it on my upper left arm. a sleeve tattoo of my favourite album's sleeve. and, lucky for you, here is a good visual, courtesy of an email in my inbox from SF national parks

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r252/hananerikat/12101.jpg

Unknown said...

i could dig that. for a second there i was thought you thinking of going for a full sleeve.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,
je suis nouveau ici j'aime vous lire ;)
je voulais vous remercier pour votre super site internet !
Bonne continuation
----
Nicolaseo, Rien de mieux que le referencement naturel.