Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Black Lips on La Blogotheque

this is how I spent my lunch hour today. watching one of the coolest La Blogotheque sets ever. I love the concept of it, because one my favourite things about Black Lips is how collaborative the band is, how everyone sings and stuff. so the first video is three separate songs done individually (in every sense of the word, the guys are in different rooms) and the second one, they come together (Ian too!)





I love Joe's Amoeba shirt!! and him singing "Navajo" was probably my favourite part, it sounded so beautiful in that shower. but how could I resist Jared's scratchy allure or Cole's hilarity (he is a lyrical genius....definitely surpasses Dylan *nods*)

2 comments:

kiko said...

What better than The Great Philosopher Bob Dylan?
I don't know about that.
But hey Hanan remember a few months back when you posted something on how you could not get into the band Gogol Bordello?
Well I had the same problem until I saw the movie "Wrist-cutters: A Love Story" It is a great movie with a couple of Gogol's songs playing every once in a while. Now i think I am starting to dive into a world of amazing accordian playing.
You should check it out Hanan and tell us what you think
I mean if your still interested in Gogol Bordello that is.

Hanan said...

I was joking. his lyrics in that song are hilarious, he's doing a Dylan impression.

I watched that movie, it was the thing that got me to check out GB's music in the first place. recently, I got Super Taranta! and really liked it. I think I picked out the wrong cd the first time around.