Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Morning Covers


belated because I am irresponsible and have yet to re-regulate my sleep schedule. oh dear. I'm gonna need to wake up at 6 tomorrow...

ZIP FILE


Hot Chip & Peter Gabriel - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (Vampire Weekend cover) [mp3]
because I spent yesterday listening to my Paul Simon records and I have sunshine-y music coming out of my ass

The Postal Service - Grow Old With Me (John Lennon cover) [mp3]

Ryan Adams - Wonderwall (Oasis cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
damn Sam I love this version. I don't think I'll ever get over my infatuation with this Southern boy. stupid Mandy Moore.

Jamie Cullum - Don't Stop the Music (Rihanna cover) [mp3]


The Hold Steady - Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? (Bob Dylan cover) [mp3]

The Black Keys - Goin' Down South (RL Burnside Cover) [mp3]


Okkervil River - Jealous Guy (John Lennon cover) [mp3]


Elliott Smith - Nighttime (Big Star cover) [mp3]

We the Living - Black Swan (Thom Yorke cover) [mp3]

Death Cab for Cutie - Bad Reputation (F. Johnson cover) [mp3]
this is excellent. that is all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the Wonderwall cover is done by Jeff Buckley, not Ryan Adams.

Hanan said...

no it's definitely Ryan Adams, as I've been listening to it from the Love is Hell EP for forever and I finally got around to ripping the music onto my computer and uploading that track

Ryan Adams is one of my favourite artists of all time, I know his stuff.

~No Comment~ said...

Thank you so much for the song! :) I just read your profile and damn, it was like reading something I wrote! I'm also a musicaddict. Life just wouldn't be as exciting without music. And you seem to listen to the same kind of music as I do :) Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmP2ULBJGYQ I think you'll like it ;)
+ You like Tim Burton's movies! He's a genius! A few years ago I was a big fan of nightmare before christmas, and I still am but not as obsessive as I used to be...

Anonymous said...

Yo if you diggin on Rihanna, check out this chick Kesha. If you haven’t already heard her single Tik Tok get with it. Biggest selling download by a female artist http://bit.ly/5ad7j0

Myr said...

I have long been a fan of the Ryan Adams Wonderwall cover, so I'm trying these other covers on your recommendation. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I couldn't get the Postal Service cover. That song is amazing. Is there a way you can email it to me?

Hanan said...

you can download the zip file.