Saturday, January 9, 2010

a couch for luxury and damned incest

I was listening to The Pains of Being Pure at Heart earlier today and, now, as I sift through my external harddrive, looking at old school assignments, I was brought back to TPOBPaH

"In fact, perhaps this is the pure and perfect incest: the brother realizing that the sister’s virginity must be destroyed in order to have existed at all, taking that virginity in the person of the brother in law, the man whom he would be if he could become, metamorphose into, the lover, the husband, by whom he would be despoiled, choose for the despoiler, if he could become, metamorphose into the sister, the mistress, the bride."
-Absalom, Absalom!
[one of my favourite quotes from one of the greatest books ever written, thankyouverymuch. I love the paper I wrote on this quote. it's brilliant, if I do say so myself.]

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - This Love is Fucking Right [mp3]

3 comments:

2plus2isjoe said...

If you type 'a couch for luxury and damned incest' (bloody good quote by the way) into Google, your site is top of the list! How did that happen?

Hanan said...

has my music blog become more relevant than Shakespeare?

hahahha I'm joking, obviously, but that's cool, thanks for letting me know!

(PS I don't quite know how.)

Anonymous said...

44936.....5801