Friday, March 20, 2009

Leonard Cohen adds third show @ Oakland's Paramount (+ Hanan's upcoming concert-going schedule)



vs.



when I finally have the money to buy a ticket, it's for the show that's on the same night as Franz Ferdinand. me , I prefer the Scots to the Canadian.

if, for some ung-dly reason, you prefer Cohen to Franz, get your tix HERE

tix are still available for the Franz Ferdinand show, get yours HERE

DAMN MY CONCERT JUNKIE LIFE. I've been concert-less since Noise Pop ended, catching up on writing and kicking ass on midterms. spring break begins next week, which equates to me working full time and honing my various writing projects, but I do have the OK Go show (GAMH on Wednesday) to look forward to, as well as Grand Lake's Thursday Amoeba show. thankfully, OK Go breaks my dry spell, because after that I have a concert a week (or more) until I graduate.

awesome.

OK Go on 25 March @GAMH
Grand Lake on 26 March @ Amoeba Berkeley (free!)
Gavin Degraw on 31 March @GAMH
Airborne Toxic Event on 8 April @ Slim’s
Franz Ferdinand on 15 April @ Fox Theatre
The Gaslight Anthem 16 April @ Slim’s
The War on Drugs 20 April @ BOTH
The Blacks on 23 April @ Rickshaw Stop
Cold War Kids 28 April @ The Fillmore
Black Lips on 30 April @ GAMH
Damien Jurado 5 May @BOTH
**Margot and the Nuclear So & So’s 16 May @GAMH
Ben Folds 17 May @ Fox Theatre
Winston Audio 19 May @BOTH
Virgins 20 May @GAMH
Kings of Leon 21 May @ Bill Graham Civic

** this is the night of my graduation. I graduate in the afternoon, and was originally planning on just celebrating with friends that night (forgoing the M. Ward show that night too), but I really really like M&tNS&S’s. A lot. So I might end up being anti-social and going to that show instead of having a proper social life. But whatever, I gave up my social life this semester. I have my priorities.

This summer, I’ll probably hit up BFD, in addition to seeing Death Cab for Cutie, Andrew Bird, and Ra Ra Riot at the Greek. oh, and Outside Lands, I'll definitely make it this year.

how about you guys, excited about any upcoming shows?

The Libertines - Music When the Lights Go Out [mp3]

No comments: