Friday, March 20, 2009

why does Eddie Vedder have to be a douche bag?


he has to ruin my capacity to enjoy his music, which I think is actually really good, by saying things like:

"If Kurt [Cobain, of Nirvana] were around today, I know he'd say to me, 'Well, you turned out OK,'"

according to NME,

"Cobain famously slated Pearl Jam for "Pioneering a corporate, alternative and cock-rock fusion", though the two frontmen did reconcile privately before Cobain's death in 1994."

why would you go around talking about how a dead rock icon would have eventually realized that his first impression of you was wrong?

anyhow, I'm about to post some songs that I've been meaning to post for a while, it's Eddie singing in lieu of Jim Morrison with The Doors.

Eddie Vedder with The Doors - Roadhouse Blues [mp3]


Eddie Vedder with The Doors - Break on Through [mp3]

Eddie Vedder with The Doors - Light My Fire [mp3]

10 comments:

Caleb said...

wow! that IS douchy. what a bag. of douche.

Hanan said...

hahahahha

Murphey said...

Whoa new layout!
Also, NME is little more than a rag anyway, so who cares?

Hanan said...

well, NME has some good scoops sometimes. they're pretty thorough, I'll give them that, but sometimes that's a bad thing.

I get a lot of my music news from them, and their articles make me laugh a lot. I don't think they go for humour, but sometimes the things which they report are just too ridiculous.

all in all, I feel like NME is a lot better than Rolling Stone, which isn't really saying much. and Paste used to be the good guy, but I can;t forgive them for putting Neko Case on the cover and calling the She and Him album best album of the year

basically, the only way to get pure, unadulterated music news is to stick with my blog, because I'm awesome

; )

Murphey said...

Well, I do subscribe to RS, but I'll stick with you for my up and coming fix.

Hanan said...

and I have a perpetual free subscription because I go to so many concerts.

true story.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Cobain made the first douche remark. Who cares what Cobain said anyway when you listen to a real band like the Pixies!

Anonymous said...

Cobain is a douche, Over-rated. Id never mind that Eddie said that.

Anonymous said...

I think what Eddie meant was that Kurt would approved of the person Eddie turned out to be over these many years. they were both strung out bitches back then. I thought eddie was on the verge of death when I saw him at the gorge back in 93.

Anonymous said...

Cobain also said about Vedder "I could consider him a person that I really like, I mean we've had a couple conversations on the phone, and i really like him I think he is a really nice person"