Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Strokes Post #26

I am in a damn good mood.
I just got the best email of my life.
Better than when Stanford sent me a rejection email.

Hello Hanan:

This is in response to your inquiry of March 13, 2009.

The title of interest to you "Encyclopedia of pleasure" by Abul Hasan ʻAli Ibn Nasr al Katib ; edited and annotated by Salah Addin Khawwam ; translated by ʻAdnan Jarkas and Salah Addin Khawwam ([Toronto : Aleppo Pub., c1977]) is currently on loan to your institution. You may wish to check with the interlibrary loan staff at Berkeley about this title.

Also, it is very helpful when sending a request to include the full title and other bibliographic information within the message.

Best wishes with your research,

Public Service & Collections Access Officer
Collections Access, Loan, & Management Division
Library of Congress
Washington, D.C. 20540-4630
202-707-7400

-----------------------

Question History:

Patron: hello, I am a student of English literarure at UC Berkeley and I'm looking for this book:

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/4957383&referer=brief_results

this book is very very rare, there are only 3 holdings in libraries worldwide. one of them is in library of congress

I've requested it from interlibrary loan and have followed up numerous times, with fruitless results. I need this book for my thesis project and would really appreciate any information about it. Please let me know ASAP

thanks,
-Hanan


this book has been banned and burned and is super obscure. it is invaluable to my research of the erotic Arabic tradition. I, of course, just read the email as I was sitting in the library (where I live) so I ran up to the interlibrary loan office but they told me they didn't receive it yet. whatever, IT'S ON THE WAY TO ME RIGHT NOW!

I am so excited.

I am an academic fiend and it's hard to explain.

The Strokes - Hard to Explain [mp3]

No comments: