Sunday, March 15, 2009

Muse album in its final stages?


this is REALLY great news.

their drummer writes:

Yes yes, I know its been about six years since I last posted but you know, time flies when you're having fun. Look, I've been busy alright..! Ok, I have no excuse.. Just slack.
We have been working pretty hard though on the album and its actually now starting to take shape. Matt is doing vocals on some tracks as we speak which normally means they're nearly finished. We've probably got two more to record from scratch then we might be almost looking at a complete album. Then strings, synth sparkles, llamas toenails, gongs and anything else we can think of that will help us perceive they are finished. The hardest bit is finishing.
It sounds fucking great though..
Im very looking forward to getting out there and playing this live. Im pretty sure we'll be out playing shortly after the summer. Plans are coming together..

See you soon,

Dom.

thanks to Jackie for the head's up!

Muse - Starlight (abbey road session) [mp3]


Muse - Map of Problematique (abbey road session) [mp3]


Muse on MYSPACE

MUSE ON AMAZON

2 comments:

I'm inside said...

Thanks for publishing the Starlight AOL session song. It's totally unbelievable.

Hanan said...

I downloaded the songs before I became a big part of the blogosphere, there were a BUNCH of these guys floating around on this cool website and I can't recover the link...it makes me angry...
it was like an archive of jools holland recordings and a bunch of cool other stuff...

but anyhow, glad you enjoyed the songs, I agree, it's pretty incredible