Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


I was about to begin this post by apologizing for its lateness, but then I decided, hey, I'm not the type of person who's ever on time anyways. and this post has been late in the past. so yeah, in the words of Bloch from Swann's Way,

"I never allow myself to be influenced by the smallest degree either by atmospheric disturbances or by the arbitrary divisions of what is known as time."

so, here you go, in all of their late glory:

Okkervil River - Some Weird Sin (Iggy Pop cover)[mp3]

well done, sirs

Delta Spirit - I'm Waiting (Bill Bush cover)[mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED]

why do these guys have to be so amazing? this cover is as good as anything on Ode to Sunshine. if you guys haven't started listening to Delta Spirit yet, I have failed you as a blogger. they are INCREDIBLE. visit their MYSPACE and start listening!

British Sea Power - A Forest (The Cure cover) [mp3]
these guys managed to stay under the radar last year. I really quite liked their latest record, Do You like Rock Music? (yes, I believe I do)

of Montreal - Make Out, Fall Out, Make Up (Love is All cover) [mp3]

I still haven't gotten around to listening to Love is All. this cover makes me want to do so, immediately.

The Vines - I'm Only Sleeping (The Beatles cover) [mp3]
flawless. they make it sound like their own song.

Ryan Adams - Expressway to Yr Skull (Sonic Youth cover) [mp3]

just got this one. awesome.

BONUS:
The Beatles - A Taste of Honey (Bobby Scott cover) [mp3]
from Please Please Me (1963), The Beatles' very first release.

4 comments:

_Jackie_ said...

Ahh, Love Is All is great. I love when bands with female vocalists are as good as they are. Would you like me to send you their last album?

Hanan said...

oh yes that would be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Great cover. One of the best recordings I've heard from them. I'm looking forward to some new material soon. If you like these guys. You might like Johnathan Appleseed. They are great. www.myspace.com/johnathanappleseed

Hanan said...

you're talking about Delta Spirit, yes? they are incredible. one of my all tme favs. so good live.

thanks for the recommendation, I'll check em out.