Thursday, August 20, 2009

Classic Track Thursday


Green Day - When I Come Around [mp3]

this song is from 1995, back when the band didn't suck. I refused to go see Franz Ferdinand in San Jose, because they're opening for Green Day and I WILL NOT SUBJECT MYSELF TO UNADULTERATED CRAP--which is what Green Day has been for the last, well, ten years really. anything after Nimrod (1997) just isn't worth listening to.

but Dookie--well, that album is just classic. I will love thee forever and ever.

observe:

6 comments:

Connor Green said...

Its a shame how shit green day are now, there old stuff is really good.

A bit like Kings Of Leon i guess. Everything is excellent up until they release Sex On Fire.. Eugh.

greenatty said...

Holy crap-1995? no wonder they look old :P
thanks for the great flashback!

Hanan said...

haha yes, I was still learning how to WRITE back then, being a wee lass of six.

kovl said...

you're right, they actually suck, but back in 1995 was great to cover "christie road" and "2000 light years away" with my band..., I think that since "american idiot" we lose them...

kovl said...

video links for those songs...

2000 light years away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycKaGjgUCoU

Christie road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY3q0o4yd_o

Hanan said...

cool videos, thanks for sharing

I really didn't like American Idiot.