Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Strokes Post #178

the following is one of the Strokes' earliest gigs, at Fox Theatre in Boulder, Colorado on October 9th, 2001. Jules uses the word "fuck" in its various forms about 267 times, and the band sounds perfect. Like most of their early gigs, they play all of the songs from Is This It in consecutive order, with the exception of "When It Started", which they play after "Is This It" ("When It Started replaced "NYC Cops" in the American release of the album). I seriously would give any of my limbs to have attended one of these early concerts (when they play all of the songs from Is This It in order). It just about kills me that I was cursed with being so young. The only consolation that I have is these bootlegs, so do as I do, and revel in their glory.

ZIP FILE (entire concert)


1. Intro
2. Is This It
3. When It Started
4. The Modern Age
5. Soma
6. Barely Legal
7. Someday
8. Alone Together
9. Last Nite
10. Hard to Explain
11. NYC Cops
12. Trying Your Luck
13. Take It Or Leave It

6 comments:

kiko said...

You are the freaking coolest for reveling these hidden gems that without you no one would even know about.

Anonymous said...

i was at one of those shows - bottom of the hill in SF - it was pretty great - my girlfriend went nuts!

Hanan said...

nonononononononononono! that's NOT fair. Bottom of the Hill is my favourite venue ever, and every time I see the wall calendars, I cry.

this is worse than when someone left a comment saying that they saw the Strokes at Oxegen in 2006.

look at me, I sound like a child. fucking aye, I was barely 12 years old at the time, I probably couldn't have even gotten into the show.

I'm glad you went and I'm sure you had the time of your life. now excuse me, I'm going to go throw a tantrum.

Hanan said...

and thank you Kiko.

Little Gray Pixel said...

I went to their show in New Orleans just a few weeks after this one, and it changed my life.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say: I love you! I also was cursed with youth concerning Strokes early concerts, being only around 10 and a half.