Friday, October 23, 2009

The Strokes Post #242

I tried posting yesterday but blogger was being a biatch. so it's not my fault, blame the internet for the lack of posts yesterday. here I go play catch up.


of course we know which indie bassist said that XD

I love love LOVE that The Strokes and/or Jules are popping up all over the media. I just got my issue of SPIN and there's a fantastic interview with Jules in it. Katie (Katzen) was nice enough to email me the scans, but I wanted to wait (I have no idea why)

here are the scans if you're not subscribed to SPIN (which you should be)

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/kmkane23/sc003ba253.jpg
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/kmkane23/setsfysf.jpg
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/kmkane23/gfutryurtyu.jpg (I love that picture on the couch...for some reason it now reminds me of Tobias Funke saying to his wife Lindsey "there's the woman I'm sexually attracted to!")
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/kmkane23/dgydtyetuy.jpg (the wiped out bit says "do you have to grow up in a ghetto RoboCop war zone to make rock music?")

by the way, Katie, was it you whom I convinced of SPIN's greatness? or did you get the magazine all along?

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yup that was me! I subscribed a while later but saw this on the shelf at a Meijer and bought it anyway. Couldn't take risks. I didn't know when I was supposed to get it in the mail. so.

Not that I have to explain this, many Strokes fans understand. And I also learned how to use a scanner, useful day...!

Wish I could change my username from Katzen, it's just strange now. Used to make jokes about vaccuuming cats in german class, that's seriously the only reason I chose that.

Allie said...

whoever found those pictures is a punk, I found those after only a day or two of strokaging. Not impressed with the difficulty leval. Wouldnt you love those meaty leading man parts in your mouth? Im talking about acting obviously

Hanan said...

oh yeah I saw that couch picture agessss ago too, but it's always been one of my favourites. the one I have saved has a caption: who needs gfs when you have your mates?
love it.

ah, strokaging. love that word.

even if it means I have to take a chubby, I will suck it up!

Shelby said...

Sounds like you ladies would like a banger in the mouth!

Anonymous said...

arrested development's the best. I should really subscribe to SPIN. What your blog has taught me...

My favorite:
"It just goes to show you...people remember all sorts of strange things"