Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Andrew Bird to score film: "Norman"


more than Where the Wild Things Are and 500 Days of Summer combined, this will be the ultimate I'm-going-to-see-this-film-because-of-the-music-featured-within-it flick.

Bird says of the film:

"It could do quite well. It’s got a fairly well known cast and it’s really well written and everything. It is more of a drama, it tackles high school drama without being lame...This is the first legitimate full length film that I did. I had the monitor of the film in the studio and I’m playing. It’s a lot of work. I don’t know if I ever want to do it again."

read more HERE

the premise of the film sounds cool enough:
"A troubled high-school kid (Byrd) pretending to be dying of cancer encounters problems with his new girlfriend (VanCamp) and others when he's exposed as a fraud"

it stars the guy from Aliens in America and the chick from Everwood. someone shoot me now for knowing that just by looking at a photo on IMDB. can I redeem myself by saying that I love Adam Goldberg? 'cause I do.

on a slightly related note, I was listening to Andrew Bird and the Mysterious Production of Eggs as I was tweezing my eyebrows this morning

Andrew Bird - Being Green (cover, en Francais!) [mp3]

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ooh exciting. I'm not familiar with him yet, but soon soon soon.

Now I heard Win Butler and some others from Arcade Fire did music for "The Box" a looooong time ago. Not sure...?

Hanan said...

I'm emailing you, this is a matter of importance.