Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE


Julian Casablancas - I'll Try Anything Once (The Strokes "cover") [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
I watched this video so many times yesterday. now everyone can carry it around in their music players.

Flunk - Karma Police (Radiohead cover) [mp3]

this is a solid cover of my favourite Radiohead song

Dr. Fox's Old Timey String Band - Kids (MGMT cover) [mp3]

doesn't that band name ring a bell? a good cover in any case.

Elliott Smith - Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain (Willie Nelson cover) [mp3]

so many Elliott covers in my collection. I'm so glad he left behind so many great bootlegs.

The Misfits - Rise Above (Black Flag cover) [mp3]
kind of fuzzy quality but the essence is there

Death Cab for Cutie - I'm Going Home (Sonics Cover) [mp3]
very cool. excellent audio quality, superb axe work.

The Hives - Find Another Girl (Jerry Butler cover) [mp3]
oh how I love this. oh how I love it when my favourite bands cover old numbers. *COUGH* Arctic Monkeys *COUGH*

Goldfinger - Ghouls Night Out (Misfits cover) [mp3]
this band was the shit when I was in middle school. I still have their cd somewhere.

Beck - Ballad Of Big Nothing (Elliott Smith Cover) [mp3]

beautiful, simply beautiful

Ben Harper - The Drugs Don't Work (The Verve Cover) [mp3]

his voice is so soothing.

Franz Ferdinand - Mis-shapes (Pulp cover) [mp3]
Franz Ferdinand covering Pulp? yes, you better thank your lucky stars. now get listening.

The Format - Do You Believe in Magic? (The Lovin' Spoonful cover) [mp3]
recommended by Chuck, authorized by Hanan. really good stuff.

BONUS:

this is cute. it's just like Jules "covering" the Strokes, this boy is covering a song by his other band, The Format, with his new band, fun.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You like Arrested Development AND The Strokes? Nice!

This is Ben from England who e-mailed you, by the way =]

Chuck said...

My name is in a post <3 Life complete.

Katie said...

Benedict is such a badass name. I love it when I'm mentioned, Chuck, makes me feel like a music blog princess, wow that was weird and I'm done talking about that.

It's been a few hours since I listened to it but that Beck cover of Elliott actually made my day. Seriously.

Hanan said...

haha you guys are so funny.
I agree with Katie, Benedict, you should totally go by your given name, not shorten it like a lame yank. I hate it so much when people shorten their names...COUGH Chuck you too. Charles is a great name, no offense to Palahniuk and Klosterman, two of my favourite writers.

just for the record, Ben, I am everyone's dream girl. even my own. yeah.

Charles said...

I have no idea what you're talking about.