Friday, November 13, 2009

Classic Track Thursday


The Velvet Underground - I'm Waiting for the Man [mp3]

one of the greatest tracks ever, from such an incredibly solid debut album.

the reason I'm posting this is because I bought my brother an ipod a few days ago on the condition that he raid my itunes and take some of my music beyond the Strokes...anyhow, he was being lazy so I had to do the work for him and when I said I was loading the VU onto his itunes he was all confused and all I had to do was play this song (which he recognized) and say was "yo, it's the song Bowie sings in Almost Famous". because that is one of our favourite scenes, when that guy screams "IT'S BOWIE!!!!" hahahhahaha good stuff.

the Velvet Underground owns you. that's all you need to know.

PS helloooo Pierre Fraiture.

PPS listen to White Light/White Heat under some sort of inebriation. trust me, it will be a monumental trip.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Slap your lazy brother. He needs to be motivated. Great song and album, dude, I'm just getting into the VU but I love it so much.

ChuckCharles said...

Lou <3

This album is timeless. I played it for a few musically ignorant friends of mine and asked them when they think it was made. The consensus was 2003. lol.

I bought it on vinyl, and it will forever be the favorite of my collection. +1 For this post, Hanan..+1.

Hanan said...

my vinyl copy is one of my favourites too because I could never find a decently priced copy, everything was either like over 50 or remastered at 30 bucks and I will not subject myself to such self mockery. I hate remastered shit.

I found an old copy at Rasputin in Berkeley for 3.95 and the LP is so clean I would wipe my bum with it if I didn't hold it in such high esteem.

oh Charles, having an identity crisis are we? split personality disorders are no fun.

Hanan said...

PS lol at the 2003 comment. thanks Jules.

Charles said...

I think charles will stick for a while.

While I'm thinking about it, what are your thoughts on the Zombies? The whole album Odessey & Oracle is so incredibly epic. If you haven't listened, you need to.