Monday, November 9, 2009

The Strokes Post #260

Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension (live, Conan) [link has been removed]

I originally ripped this for Connor, but when I ended up listening to it, it grew on me. initially, I hated the performance--mainly because Julian looked so pissed and out of it, plus the mixing was all messed up at the beginning, not to mention the fact that I was angry to see Julian without my other four favourite boys.

but objectively speaking, the song really does improve after 1:10, and, like Connor said, it is a nice funky version of the song.

I love that bit at 3:10

bon appetit.

3 comments:

James said...

http://www.myspace.com/ssongsssongs

you may like this band listen to different light.

Connor Green said...

Thank you so much!

You truly are a brilliant person :)

Hanan said...

thanks for the rec, James, but I didn't love them. I dunno, they were just flatly derivative to me. sometimes derivative is ok, sometimes it's good, but here it just sounded uninspired.